How can we maximise our time and get results quicker and get great outcomes?
I ask myself this question daily. We live in a world that changes quicker than a heartbeat… I have found that retreating into my sanctuary…God, Prayer and family- (the one God put me in and the one he hand-picked for my journey)….has brought me back to the place I left off and had no idea how to get back to. During the holidays I sit back and reflect on all the ups, downs, happy, tear-filled days of the year and take the time to thank God for all the good and bad. Everything is a life lesson and what we take from it and grow in ourselves helps build us to be the best versions of ourselves. I choose to be happy everyday, there is always something to smile about.
Decision making is a fine art. Find your happy place and retreat to it any time you feel the pressure of the world draining you.
Wishing you all happy holidays, time with family and prosperity in 2015.
I love rainy days- especially if I don’t have to leave home, that is the best..I grab a cup of tea, curl up on the couch and watch old movies (& blog ). I love the sound and smell of rain, rain is a chance for the earth to rehydrate and keep creating the pretty that is spring.
Alas, I did go to the studio today 🙂 I’m obsessing over making my space gorgeous- it is taking longer than I wanted it to but I will get there and post some ‘after’ pics.
Here are a few staying indoors tips:
- If the rain is not too hectic, open a few windows in the space you are seated in, turn off all the gadgets and just listen to the rain- appreciate the wonder that is mother nature.
- Sit on the couch, wrap yourself in a fuzzy blankie and watch movies all day, or catch-up on shows you have missed out on (Scandal anyone?) and my fav bit- take a nap.
- Look at your to do list- all those home things you can get done, pick a few and get through them.
- Write a book, short story, start a dear diary blog… anything- just let out your creative bug.
- Start or work on hobbies- My fav is doing drawings, designing my new ideas, sewing…whatever your ‘indoor’ hobby is- get to it and enjoy the calmness rain brings upon us to focus.
- Check out some youtube videos, be inspired- maybe even start your own channel
- Read a book- I personally love reading sappy romance novels- what better day to do it than on a rainy day
- Pamper yourself. Give yourself a manicure and pedicure, wear a face mask and a robe, paint your nails, exfoliate your skin, and style your hair. You can even give yourself a makeover. Treat yourself for all the hard work you do.
- Make yourself some hot chocolate, tea or coffee- whatever your fancy, sip and enjoy the warmth
- Make yourself a great extravagant meal, or try prepare something you’ve never made before, homemade pasta, seafood paella…yummy
- Have heartfelt conversations with loved ones, reconnect or if you have people with you, play board games- have a gadget free day.
- Rearrange closets – I do this all the time- I must admit its because I like playing dress-up…which then leads to a photoshoot session…Am I the only one that does this???
- Another fav of mine to do is watch HGTV and Cooking channel I love seeing home renos as well as being inspired by unusual dishes made
- Have a glass of wine and prop your feet up. Let yourself enjoy time off.
- One of my favourite things to do when I was younger, was stand out in the rain and just let the raindrops hit me (I did not listen when my parents would tell me I will get sick- I didn’t care i just loved the feel of rain on me)- def not heavy rain 🙂
Well, whatever you do on rainy days-look at it as a relax day and enjoy
Adding a few pics of the studio below
Till the next post
So thankful spring is officially here- Couldn’t possibly deal with anymore cold #sigh…
I have spent too many nights & days indoors. time to start packing away coats and lose some layers of clothing.
I have been looking for swimwear inspiration for an upcoming trip and of course in true Nouveau Vintage style I turned to yesteryear for inspiration.
These women from the 40’s, 50’s, 60’s etc really knew how to sex it up without over sexualizing swimwear as is the case nowadays.
This weekend I have a shopping trip planned for a client and will definitely be looking out for some vintage inspired swim suits.
Here’s to Spring!
Photo credits: http://www.pinterest.com/bettyewarner/
Currently obsessing over hot pink…Well i always obsess over hot pink- its undoubtedly one of my fav colours. I’m working it slowly into my wardrobe- looking to make a gorgeous coat for spring. Here’s to another DIY weekend.