Be kind to one another, create systems that build and most importantly show love and compassion.
The past is the stepping stone to learn, grow and be better in the future.
Be the good change in people you meet.
How can we maximise our time and get results quicker and get great outcomes?
I ask myself this question daily. We live in a world that changes quicker than a heartbeat… I have found that retreating into my sanctuary…God, Prayer and family- (the one God put me in and the one he hand-picked for my journey)….has brought me back to the place I left off and had no idea how to get back to. During the holidays I sit back and reflect on all the ups, downs, happy, tear-filled days of the year and take the time to thank God for all the good and bad. Everything is a life lesson and what we take from it and grow in ourselves helps build us to be the best versions of ourselves. I choose to be happy everyday, there is always something to smile about.
Decision making is a fine art. Find your happy place and retreat to it any time you feel the pressure of the world draining you.
Wishing you all happy holidays, time with family and prosperity in 2015.
Super excited to be awarded a liebster 🙂 thank you Kassandra for loving my blog enough to select me. I hope I continue to blog, award-worthy posts. Knowing someone is reading my posts and enjoying them motivates me to keep blogging.
Here are the rules I found:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
The question kassandra asked was:
If your house was burning and you had the chance to save ONLY 3 things (not including pets or family members). What would you save and why?
I would save my photographs, cellphone and the blankie my grandma gave me when I was born. All these things have some kind of sentimental value to me- the photographs are all memories that I could never 100% store in my mind- there are days I sit down and just look at them and remember great times with family and friends. My cellphone- in this tech world we live in, 90% of our lives are stored on some or other tech device- mine is my cell. And lastly the blankie.. I have travelled everywhere with this blankie- its kept me warm on plane, bus & train rides. Its an awesome cover-up when I am lounging on the couch, reminds me of my gran and how much she loved/loves me..I absolutely love it. I hope to one day give it to one of my children when i get to that stage of my life.
My nominees for the Liebster are:
I absolutely love these bloggers and their wonderful inspiring posts. I hope they respond to this award and let us know a little bit about themselves.
My questions to these bloggers are:
You can find more details on the Liebster Awards here and make sure you link out to everyone and share the blogger love.
Here’s to more great blog posts, enjoying each others posts and staying happy
Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today- Benjamin Franklin
As per the wise words of Benjamin Franklin it would serve us well to be proactive than to procrastinate.
Ok…I just stopped blogging to watch reruns of Mad Men- clearly my proactive-procrastination filter runs many aspects of my life. I have to be multi-tasking to get any one thing accomplished in a timely manner. I work in such a way that often times confuses me, fortunately I have been doing this dance for many years and now know how to reel it in and be productive. I’m going to go through my list of how to be proactive and kick procrastination to the curb.
1. Planning- plan for the future-plan for everyday. I take the time at the beginning of the year as well as half way through the year to create my vision boards- creating ideas and goals to pursue. I plan and create vision boards when I work with clients- this helps me have a direction and centre my PRO(proactive-procrastination) ways. I plan each day, so I don’t get into a slump not having anything going on-therein being uber proactive on a daily basis.
2. Perfection- striving for perfection…mmmh No one is perfect, least of all me, but when your life revolves around being a PRO I have learnt that I nit pick at everything, every detail- If its not going to be right I don’t want to do it at all. In some instances this is a big hindrance, however in this world we live in there are billions of people out there working their butts off to get a slice of the big pie- perfecting your craft/job/life/love-life is the only way to go to achieve goals/dreams. I have learnt as a PRO that I procrastinate when I don’t have things just right, now I know that if I keep working at it and building on my yesterday I will get closer to achieving my tomorrow. Just don’t get caught up and not do anything-just keep doing. Be the best possible You!
3. Multi-tasking- Doing one thing for too long is boring. I currently have 15 tabs open, I am listening to music-which I pause occasionally to switch back to watch a few minutes of Mad Men- (I love Don Draper! can’t wait for April S7), I’m on IM, I’m looking for studio space, planning a photo shoot, planning a vacay, I have 5 magazines and 2 books open next to me and now answering a phone call-such is my life…But I know for my mind to function the only way to go about anything is to multi-task. I achieve more by switching up different tasks when I get bored. If you start getting bored step away from one thing and work on another. Just don’t get caught up and not do anything-just keep doing.
4. Reading- become a voracious reader. When I get stuck or start slacking I pick up a book and read be it fiction, educational, magazines, autobio’s anything. If I’m not working or feel blah reading keeps my mind working and gives me a mini-vacay in my head from my day to day. I love reading romance and comedy- a good cry/good laugh puts me right back into gear- I sit there picture the characters-what would they be wearing, where do they live, is their hair soft…all sorts of things. Books are great they let you get drawn in and you become the director of the movie-in your head- as you read along. You can never have too much knowledge.
5. Build the perfect work environment- love your workspace. When you have a place you work in that you love-ideas flow, you are at peace and just function. I am in the process of building my ideal work space- I love natural light (glass house maybe), silence and the ability to have as many or as little clothes as I want- (clearly I like to work solo). One day I would love to recreate the beautiful house from the movie The Lake house starring Sandra Bullock (I love her). Once you have your ideal workspace make sure you have all your goodies arms length away- water, tea/coffee, snacks, phone, books- so that you don’t have to stand up and make excuses to not work. Just don’t get caught up and not do anything-just keep doing.
6. Imagination- It is very important. I generally have an over active imagination- I can create ten endings to a movie that doesn’t exist. Our imaginations help us create. Without imagination you can’t build awesome plans, you can’t re-up and adapt to new plans, you can’t fully exploit books, you can’t plan for perfection, you can’t multi-task strategically, or follow through to see the elaborate ideas in your head come to life, nor set up the perfect work environment. Without imagination, you’re screwed. Just don’t get caught up and not do anything-just keep doing.
7. Projects- Have a bunch of projects or future projects lined up. Always keep busy- small projects, big projects, short term, long term, fun projects, chill projects….have continuos projects going on. Juggle between the different projects and steer away from boredom. If one starts becoming tedious and you don’t feel the big rush of excitement you felt when you first started it, put it on the back burner and come back to it at a later date. Just don’t get caught up and not do anything-just keep doing.
8. Make work fun…. Always remember to have fun in whatever you choose to do- smile and have a heart of gratitude- count your blessings and everything will seem lighter and happier. When I get caught up in LIFE and start feeling drained I step away from it all- a walk in the park, a cocktail (or 4) with friends, or spending time with my fav little people (3 awesome boys ages 8, 6 and 2) they are the best entertainment- they look at the world with new eyes unlike my cynical self, they make me laugh and appreciate every single day.
Just don’t get caught up and not do anything-just keep doing.
How to Break into Fashion: Rihanna’s Personal Shopper Carmen Lilly | The Fashion Bomb Blog : Celebrity Fashion, Fashion News, What To Wear, Runway Show ReviewsThe Fashion Bomb Blog : Celebrity Fashion, Fashion News, What To Wear, Runway Show Reviews.
Awesome read…very motivating..Work hard~work smart to achieve your goals
A Brown Belle Exchange is an open dialogue between women of color. All women and all colors. Life, love, sex, relationships, pop culture, all things relative to today's modern woman is up for discussion. We blog, we podcast, and we Youtube! Follow us!
...global citizen, social diplomat...
You've officially been choked by the Bow Tie!
every day fashion
I Dream of Shoes
Renewed. Redeemed by Jesus. I had my ups and downs. I laughed and cried. I had pains and beautiful days. I had moments of china tea cups and moments of beers. I had days when I felt like dressing up and days when I couldn’t even pull-off a lip gloss. Mornings of fresh face and evenings of break-outs. I’ve had wardrobe malfunctions and days when I forgot my toothbrush during a trip. Good news is the trials will continue as I live on. This is a blog wherein you will read about my thoughts, life experiences and testimonies on God’s goodness. A journal of my life’s journey and advertisements on my perky-girly days. I am a woman, an ezer kenegdo and this is my world.
Natalie. Writer. Photographer. Etc.
A taste of sewing, fashion, crafts, beauty, and inspiration.
Life is but a cup of tea!
Style News and Trends
"Ella, she's got it"- Kate Ryan
Just another WordPress.com site