Finding oneself in the craziness is a journey in itself…looking to ring off 2014 with a firm grasp on where I will be going in 2015. Making money…keeping myself in shape and being creative.
So ready…are you?
How can we maximise our time and get results quicker and get great outcomes?
I ask myself this question daily. We live in a world that changes quicker than a heartbeat… I have found that retreating into my sanctuary…God, Prayer and family- (the one God put me in and the one he hand-picked for my journey)….has brought me back to the place I left off and had no idea how to get back to. During the holidays I sit back and reflect on all the ups, downs, happy, tear-filled days of the year and take the time to thank God for all the good and bad. Everything is a life lesson and what we take from it and grow in ourselves helps build us to be the best versions of ourselves. I choose to be happy everyday, there is always something to smile about.
Decision making is a fine art. Find your happy place and retreat to it any time you feel the pressure of the world draining you.
Wishing you all happy holidays, time with family and prosperity in 2015.
Working on the new collection…Just got in my patterns from voguepatterns.mccall.com I ordered them last week when they were on sale for Presidents day for $4.99 a pattern- what a bargain, normally these patterns sell for $17.99-$22 a pattern. Over the weekend I also went to Joann and stocked up on patterns and fabric- they had an even better deal for patterns ranging from $1.99-$3.99 with the 15% off coupon as well I wasn’t going to pass up that sale. Now its time to put in the work. I shall slink into the hole that is my sewing room and begin work.
A lot of work goes into pursuing dreams, but if you love it & believe in yourself, it won’t be hard work it’ll be fun work.
Have an awesome week y’all
I have finally found a great space to work full-time from, within my minimal budget and with 90% of my must haves..#doing a little dance right now. It has taken a while but the time is here now.
Keep pushing for what you believe in, speak on it, see it, know it is yours and it will be!
Details of my celebration look on my next post
Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today- Benjamin Franklin
As per the wise words of Benjamin Franklin it would serve us well to be proactive than to procrastinate.
Ok…I just stopped blogging to watch reruns of Mad Men- clearly my proactive-procrastination filter runs many aspects of my life. I have to be multi-tasking to get any one thing accomplished in a timely manner. I work in such a way that often times confuses me, fortunately I have been doing this dance for many years and now know how to reel it in and be productive. I’m going to go through my list of how to be proactive and kick procrastination to the curb.
1. Planning- plan for the future-plan for everyday. I take the time at the beginning of the year as well as half way through the year to create my vision boards- creating ideas and goals to pursue. I plan and create vision boards when I work with clients- this helps me have a direction and centre my PRO(proactive-procrastination) ways. I plan each day, so I don’t get into a slump not having anything going on-therein being uber proactive on a daily basis.
2. Perfection- striving for perfection…mmmh No one is perfect, least of all me, but when your life revolves around being a PRO I have learnt that I nit pick at everything, every detail- If its not going to be right I don’t want to do it at all. In some instances this is a big hindrance, however in this world we live in there are billions of people out there working their butts off to get a slice of the big pie- perfecting your craft/job/life/love-life is the only way to go to achieve goals/dreams. I have learnt as a PRO that I procrastinate when I don’t have things just right, now I know that if I keep working at it and building on my yesterday I will get closer to achieving my tomorrow. Just don’t get caught up and not do anything-just keep doing. Be the best possible You!
3. Multi-tasking- Doing one thing for too long is boring. I currently have 15 tabs open, I am listening to music-which I pause occasionally to switch back to watch a few minutes of Mad Men- (I love Don Draper! can’t wait for April S7), I’m on IM, I’m looking for studio space, planning a photo shoot, planning a vacay, I have 5 magazines and 2 books open next to me and now answering a phone call-such is my life…But I know for my mind to function the only way to go about anything is to multi-task. I achieve more by switching up different tasks when I get bored. If you start getting bored step away from one thing and work on another. Just don’t get caught up and not do anything-just keep doing.
4. Reading- become a voracious reader. When I get stuck or start slacking I pick up a book and read be it fiction, educational, magazines, autobio’s anything. If I’m not working or feel blah reading keeps my mind working and gives me a mini-vacay in my head from my day to day. I love reading romance and comedy- a good cry/good laugh puts me right back into gear- I sit there picture the characters-what would they be wearing, where do they live, is their hair soft…all sorts of things. Books are great they let you get drawn in and you become the director of the movie-in your head- as you read along. You can never have too much knowledge.
5. Build the perfect work environment- love your workspace. When you have a place you work in that you love-ideas flow, you are at peace and just function. I am in the process of building my ideal work space- I love natural light (glass house maybe), silence and the ability to have as many or as little clothes as I want- (clearly I like to work solo). One day I would love to recreate the beautiful house from the movie The Lake house starring Sandra Bullock (I love her). Once you have your ideal workspace make sure you have all your goodies arms length away- water, tea/coffee, snacks, phone, books- so that you don’t have to stand up and make excuses to not work. Just don’t get caught up and not do anything-just keep doing.
6. Imagination- It is very important. I generally have an over active imagination- I can create ten endings to a movie that doesn’t exist. Our imaginations help us create. Without imagination you can’t build awesome plans, you can’t re-up and adapt to new plans, you can’t fully exploit books, you can’t plan for perfection, you can’t multi-task strategically, or follow through to see the elaborate ideas in your head come to life, nor set up the perfect work environment. Without imagination, you’re screwed. Just don’t get caught up and not do anything-just keep doing.
7. Projects- Have a bunch of projects or future projects lined up. Always keep busy- small projects, big projects, short term, long term, fun projects, chill projects….have continuos projects going on. Juggle between the different projects and steer away from boredom. If one starts becoming tedious and you don’t feel the big rush of excitement you felt when you first started it, put it on the back burner and come back to it at a later date. Just don’t get caught up and not do anything-just keep doing.
8. Make work fun…. Always remember to have fun in whatever you choose to do- smile and have a heart of gratitude- count your blessings and everything will seem lighter and happier. When I get caught up in LIFE and start feeling drained I step away from it all- a walk in the park, a cocktail (or 4) with friends, or spending time with my fav little people (3 awesome boys ages 8, 6 and 2) they are the best entertainment- they look at the world with new eyes unlike my cynical self, they make me laugh and appreciate every single day.
Just don’t get caught up and not do anything-just keep doing.
How to Break into Fashion: Rihanna’s Personal Shopper Carmen Lilly | The Fashion Bomb Blog : Celebrity Fashion, Fashion News, What To Wear, Runway Show ReviewsThe Fashion Bomb Blog : Celebrity Fashion, Fashion News, What To Wear, Runway Show Reviews.
Awesome read…very motivating..Work hard~work smart to achieve your goals
I am a strong believer in maximizing my wallet as well as maximizing my clients wallets. You don’t have to break the bank to look fabulous.
I have decided to include a weekly blog post about ‘playing dress up’ and with each post I will endeavor to keep the dress up ideas under $20.
Enjoy and let me know what you think about what I have put together.
Great read on starting up your business. I love getting my StartUp mail…Its always full of interesting information
A Brown Belle Exchange is an open dialogue between women of color. All women and all colors. Life, love, sex, relationships, pop culture, all things relative to today's modern woman is up for discussion. We blog, we podcast, and we Youtube! Follow us!
...global citizen, social diplomat...
You've officially been choked by the Bow Tie!
every day fashion
Writer, Artist, Fashion Enthusiast
Renewed. Redeemed by Jesus. I had my ups and downs. I laughed and cried. I had pains and beautiful days. I had moments of china tea cups and moments of beers. I had days when I felt like dressing up and days when I couldn’t even pull-off a lip gloss. Mornings of fresh face and evenings of break-outs. I’ve had wardrobe malfunctions and days when I forgot my toothbrush during a trip. Good news is the trials will continue as I live on. This is a blog wherein you will read about my thoughts, life experiences and testimonies on God’s goodness. A journal of my life’s journey and advertisements on my perky-girly days. I am a woman, an ezer kenegdo and this is my world.
Natalie. Writer. Photographer. Etc.
A taste of sewing, fashion, crafts, beauty, and inspiration.
Life is but a cup of tea!
Style News and Trends
"Ella, she's got it"- Kate Ryan
Just another WordPress.com site